What blind is the best?
Faux wood venetians are the best. If you want a uniform look throughout your entire home, and like to enjoy most of the benefits a blind can provide, then this is the one to choose. They are:
- Beautiful - Stylish, elegant and timeless.
- Convenient - The best choice for 'privacy', 'visibility' and 'light control'.
- Well designed - Versatile, durable, cleanable, waterproof, flame retardant and sturdy.
- Value for money - Only around 25% dearer than the cheapest blinds.
Their biggest advantage is: They don't leave your window bare. You protect your eyes from the sun, reduce stress by giving a calmness to your room and you can leave a window open for fresh air, even when they are drawn.
Venetian blinds also blend in very well and can be used in any room, including kitchens and bathrooms.
However, they cannot block out all of the light, and they don't decorate a window like curtains do. As with any blind, to get all the benefits you need to combine:
- Venetian + Curtains or Roman
- Venetian + Roller or Pleated
The most popular combination is a venetian blind inside the window recess with a pair of curtains on the outside of the window recess.
What else to compare?
You can compare blinds by their price, features and characteristics.